Friday, May 14, 2010

Rhythm Nation



A co-worker just got engaged.
Her boyfriend popped the question last weekened.

She is the sweetest thing ever,
and I'm so happy for her!

She raised an issue that I'm sure
many women have wrestled with.

Do I take his name?

I have to admit,
(and know that I love you TH!)
that I often regret not keeping my maiden name.
I have a very French-sounding name
and it flowed well with my maiden name,
though most people mispronounced it.

Now, I've traded it in for another one
that no one can pronounce.

But Janet,
that's my co-worker's name,
has a huge dilemma.

Her fiance's surname is Jackson.

Yup.
You read that right.
Our tiny, white-bread friend
will be called Janet Jackson.

It gets better.

Her maiden name is ...
wait for it ...



Black.


Sweet, little Janet will hereafter be known as
Janet Black Jackson.

But don't call her baby.
It's Janet.
Miss Jackson, if you're Nasty.



1 comment:

Megan said...

ahhhaaa ha ha ha ha....

Hold on let me catch my breath..

Ahhh, that's better.

OMG. That is fantastic and horrible. I think she should just keep her maiden name, or maybe go by Jan instead of Janet if she wants to take her husbands name.

This is soooo funny!!!