Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sweet Alex

You may recall a previous post regarding a prompt from Pictures, Poetry & Prose. It featured my own photograph of chocolate.




Alex sent me a poem she wrote, with this message:

I'm not brave enough to blog it but I have to write it to you cuz I know you won't criticize and if you do it's okay cuz I know you love me. Yeah I know COWARD...but was too chicken to post it.


Perhaps Nephew #2 has actually inherited the writing gene from her after all.

And in case you're wondering, she does talk like that.
One giant run-on sentence, followed immediately by a deep breath.
Kidding! She's gonna smack me when she sees me later!

* * *

Chocolate

Is it sweet and sensuous,
or dark and mysterious?

Is it sinful,
or blissful?

Is it one heavenly taste,
or many pounds on your waist?

Why do you care,
go for it, I dare!



No comments: