Monday, June 15, 2009

Pretty In Pink

Our muse at Pictures, Poetry & Prose was a wonderful picture of a flower, taken by Highlander. No link was provided for Highlander, but if you click here, you can slip over to PPP and check out this great shot. I love the focal point of the cluster in the forefront, and the blurred clusters in the background. I'm still trying to perfect this macro effect, myself.

The suggested prompt: A poem for a flower.
My winning submission:


Harsh words.
Arms fold.
Backs turn.

Feet stomp.
Door slams.
Car drives.

Cry alone.
Hours pass.
Wait up.

Door opens.
Timid steps.
Soft voice.

Trembling hands
Offer flowers.
Peace made.

7 comments:

Domestic Goddess (In Training) said...

Great poem... but who really does that? I fight with my husband and I get... well... nothing when we make up. Hmm... forwarding this poem to him now.

June Freaking Cleaver said...

Hi there! Congrats on your win. My husband and I don't fight like that, either...but if we did, I'd want tulips (just in case he reads this...heheheheh)

Sunshinemeg said...

Good work Crazy Mo!

...... Bobbi said...

Great! Short simple words to paint a complicated picture - nicely done!

Dani said...

Great win, Crazy Mo! I loved your poem! Congrats!

septembermom said...

Wonderful poem! Congrats! You're writing so well!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Loved this