Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sick and Tired

I went home from work early last Wednesday with the nastiest cold.
It started last Sunday and progressively got worse.
By Wednesday I couldn't take it anymore.
I told HR I was taking Thursday and Friday off and went home.
To bed.

My head was pounding.
My ears were plugged up and throwing off my equilibrium.
My nose was runny.
I had laryngitis.

To cap it all off, I woke up Thursday morning with Pink Eye.
Nice.
I dragged my sorry self to the walk-in clinic to get a prescription for eye drops.
Came home and vegged on the couch.

Puppy insisted on coming by and checking on me every hour or so.

SLURP!!
You all right Mummy?
I kiss you and make it better!

Thanks, Puppy.

I'm on the mend, but still not feeling 100%.
My voice is still rough.
I'm told it sounds sexy.
1-900 babish.
Whatever.
It doesn't feel sexy.
And if you come near me, I'll give you my cold!

Did I mention I'm still a little cranky?

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Ugh. Something is definitely going around! Hope you feel better soon!

Clippy Mat said...

you're still sick? i thought that was so last week.
hurry up and get better.
tho' in this horrible cold weather you're in the best place.
:-))

Crazy Mo said...

This cold just seemed to drag on forever! But I'm definitely on the mend. Today was a good day ... and my voice wasn't so wanton!