Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Conversation

You have tested me often.
There are times I've wanted to give up.
Too many times I've asked myself Why?
I've asked You the same question.

I've never questioned why You don't answer.
I'm sure You have.
I just can't hear You.
Or perhaps I'm not listening.

I was told as a child
You would always be there.
I still believe that.
And I've noticed something ...

When the weight is too heavy,
It is lightened.
When I lose my way,
You send a light.

I may not hear You,
But I see the light.
I will follow it,
And give thanks.


Update: This piece was submitted at Pictures, Poetry & Prose. Although not a winner, it did receive some nice comments.

8 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I feel that way, too.

Clippy Mat said...

you just have to listen.
and you will hear the answer.
:-))

C said...

all the answers you need are within your heart. listen for them.

C

Busy Bee Suz said...

this is great...so true.
Have a GOOD day.
Suz

Crazy Mo said...

You guys are so sweet! Thanks for the cheers ... I needed that!

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

That is really beautiful. I am not even going to add a joke or sarcasm to ruin it.

Anonymous said...

The light may sometimes be in the form of a human.
You are my light when I get lost...
And I give thanks for that!
I love you Mo.

Crazy Mo said...

Alex: Thanks, Sis!! I love you too! xoxo

See you tomorrow! It's Spa Weekend ... YAY!!