Monday, October 6, 2008

Pet Peeve #2A - It's not a disco!

If your cell phone can play Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or whatever the latest top 10 pop hit happens to be, then it can also vibrate.

Put the damn thing on vibrate!!

No one wants to hear your kitchy phone ring. It's rude, annoying and, most of all, makes you look like an idiot. Believe me when I tell you that no one over the age of 17 should have a cell phone ring that announces they're bringing sexy back.

Don't let it ring three or four times because you think that it's fun or that everyone else wants to dance along with you. We don't. You're just pissing us all off.

If you insist on being a mobile DJ, then at least have the courtesy to put your phone on vibrate while in public. It's like being at a flippin' disco some days on the GO Train with everyone's cell phone playing various tunes!

If you want to listen to music, listen to your iPod or MP3. Which I also have issues with, but I'll save that for another post.

2 comments:

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I don't even know how to install kitchy ring tones on my phone. Hell, I don't even text. Of all the ringtones on my phone I had to choose the one that sounded like a phone or else I don't think to answer it.

And that's when I have my phone charged. I only keep it around because long distance on a cell is cheaper than on my land line.

My kids want cells. I tell them when we live in a town that's not a five minute walk from end to end, maybe they could get one...maybe. I won't believe you're not up in the hills drinking beer unless you call from a land line.

Anonymous said...

wow - you are CROCHETY!

there is an episode of Scrubs where one of the surgeons has an NSYNC ringtone and the whole hospital gets down (a la Cop Rock) every time the phone rings. i wish regular life was like that sometimes...