Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Nose Knows

I decided to get new glasses and, hey, while I'm at it, might as well update my prescription. So I saw the Optometrist last night who said all is well, other than the astigmatism in my left eye. He gave me a prescription that will sharpen things. Hmmm ... maybe I won't wear my new glasses when I look at myself in the mirror. No sense in seeing all those bumps and lumps in focus now, is there?!

The Husband and I trot over to LensCrafters to pick out new frames. He picked out some frames that were a little funky. I hesitated. "You'll look great in these," he says. "You're French Canadian, you can get away with this."

He may be right. I was in Sudbury last weekend visiting my parents. I noticed that all the girls are wearing these glasses. They all have long beautiful hair and fabulous outfits.

"And they all seem to have big noses," I point out to The Husband. I critically peer at myself in the mirror. "Do I have a big nose?"

The Husband looks at me, cocks his head slightly, and says "No ... not relative to the rest of you."

He's a pooh head! I smacked him and we laughed. He said it knowing that I'd know he was joking. But he's still a pooh head.

3 comments:

Michelle Flaherty said...

I know all about glasses as I've had astigmatism (and glasses) since I was 3. After 10 years, I finally got new glasses this past spring and I love the new fashions available, just not the prices! I can't believe how expensive glasses are!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Clippy Mat said...

well then, where's the pic of you and your new glasses?

chicken.
:-))

Crazy Mo said...

You know it, Sista. Bread me and throw me on the fryer!