Friday, December 19, 2008

A Typical GO Day

We're in the midst of a snow storm. We're expecting at least 20 cm in our area. It has been snowing non-stop since 9 a.m. this morning. It's now 6 p.m.

Needless to say, GO Transit isn't handling this well. I realize that there's a lot of snow on the tracks and we can't control Mother Nature. But let's face it. Any commuter who takes the GO Train on a regular basis -- in particular the Lakeshore Line -- knows that it only takes a sneeze to screw up the system. "Oh oh. There's a little phlegm on the rails. Better shut it down."

GO Transit recently conducted a survey under the false pretence of improving the system. One of their brilliant ideas (my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek) is to be able to see a live view of the departure boards on their website.

Knowing that the trains would be a complete disaster, I logged onto their site.

This is what I saw:


Note that the 16:10 Lakeshore W. train has been delayed to 16:13.

Note that a few lines below that, the 16:13 Lakeshore W. train has been cancelled.

Now I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that the 16:13 was cancelled because the 16:10 was moved to its slot.

WRONG!

Turns out the 4:10 was moved to 4:13, then subsequently cancelled.

*sigh*

I may or may not get home tonight.

2 comments:

Clippy Mat said...

I'm going to the airport today to pick up my daughter and I have a feeling the schedule board will resemble that one slightly.
Hope you DID get home okay tho'.
:-))

lady fairchilde said...

Poor you :(

But enough about you, MOI had a frantastic drive home on Friday - roads clear, absolutely no snowfall...I even dropped by the mall and finished my xmas shopping because everyone else stayed home or was waiting for the GO train!!

Hahaha - suckas!

LMAO: my word vericification for posting this message is "twitt". How a propos!