Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ashes to Ashes



Today is Ash Wednesday.
Although I no longer call myself
a practicing Catholic,
I still like to go to Mass for Ash Wednesday.
It does give me a warm fuzzy,
and I always feel cleansed after.

It was pointed out to me that
given my current standing
I might spontaneously combust
as I enter the Narthex.

Good point.
But I took a chance anyway.
And Robi and I went to Mass.

Robi went to the Deacon,
who is a woman.
I went to the Priest.

I think he knew,
because he REALLY blessed me.

This is Robi...
discreet.




This is me...
clearly undergoing an exorcism.




When Lady Fairchild
took these pictures for my blog,
she adjusted Robi's hair
and received a static shock

When I tried to adjust
the angle of Robi's head,
I received a static shock too.

Robi's cross may be small,
but it packs a lot of punch.

Then again,
maybe mine is working double time,
and doesn't have enough energy
to zap people.



1 comment:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

i'm glad I came across this...i always forget about ash wednesday and tell people the have something on their head.