Monday, May 4, 2009

New Math

1) April = March + Optimism

2) Laughter = Ha x 3

3) Wedding Ring = Metaphor – 3,000 bucks

4) Pirate = Thief + Boat + Bandana – Leg

5) Perseverance = If at first you don’t succeed + repetition

6) Ponzi Scheme = ROI - R – I

7) Layed off = It’s not you, it’s me + Your job

8) Divorce = Marriage ÷ 2

9) Nepotism = Who’s your Daddy? ÷ Ability

10) Beauty = Public Opinion + The eye of the beholder

11) Revenge = Do unto others – As you would have them do unto you.

12) Compassion = What if that were me? ÷ I’m glad that’s not me

13) Maturity = Things you used to do – Things you used to do

14) Happy = Unhappy – Un

15) Crazy = Talking to oneself – (Cell phone + Ear Piece)

16) Raisin = Grape + Time

17) Dog = Cat + Loyalty

18) Maybe = (Yes ÷ No) + (No ÷ Yes)

19) Paternity = What? + Are you sure?

20) Contrarian = 1 ÷ The way everyone else sees it

6 comments:

Crazy Mo said...

Ha! I just realized that Survey Says is about math too. It wasn't planned, I just happened to have these two posts scheduled for the same day. Believe me, people, I'm not that clever, nor am I that organized.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love this...so smart.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

That is really clever. Put it in an email and you'll travel 'round the world.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind..but I'm posting this New Math on another place of mine..this is SWEET!!!

Crazy Mo said...

BBS: I thought it was cute when I got it. My faves are Pirate and Dog.

DGIT: I actually stole it from an email I received. Gee, I probably should have mentioned that, huh?

BlueEyedWonder: Of course you can steal it. I did!

Sabrina said...

I love doing these kind of math problems...hilarious! Thanks!