Friday, February 27, 2009

About Me Meme


I found a meme on a friend's facebook page. The rule was that you could only answer yes or no to each question, unless someone asked for particulars. Honestly, when you read these questions, there's no way you can just answer yes or no! So, always one for rule-breaking, I copied the list of questions and I'm answering them as I see fit. So there!


  1. Been arrested? Yes. Once. Skipped off school one day and the girls I was with were shoplifting. We were caught and arrested. Suspended from school. Almost expelled. Needless to say, I NEVER skipped school again.

  2. Slept in until 5 PM? When I have a migraine, there's no choice in the matter.

  3. Fallen asleep at work/school? High school science class. I hated science!

  4. Held a snake? Yes! Snakes are cool!

  5. Ran a red light? Yes. I know, I'm a bad girl!

  6. Been suspended from school? See 1 above.

  7. Totaled your car/motorbike in an accident? No, thank the gods!

  8. Been fired from a job? I've been laid off. I know it's not the same, but it feels the same.

  9. Sang karaoke? Have you heard me sing? Hell no!!

  10. Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Yes. Oddly, I keep making the same mistakes!

  11. Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? EW! No!!

  12. Sang in the shower? Yes, but it's not pretty.

  13. Sat on a rooftop? Oh yeah. Years ago, my friend Stephen took me to the top of L'Hotel one night and we gazed out over the city. What a fabulous memory, thanks Stephen!

  14. Broken a bone? Yes ... fractured my left clavicle three times! Waiting for the fourth.

  15. Shaved your head? NO! I'd never hear the end of that one from The Husband!

  16. Blacked out from drinking? I don't think I blacked out, but I sure do have a few evenings with blank spots in them.

  17. Played a prank on someone? Yes. But they mostly get played on me.

  18. Felt like killing someone? Yes. Does that make me a sociopath?

  19. Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? Yes. And I feel a little smug about that.

  20. Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? Yes! Uncle Bob brought them back for me from Mexico! They were so cool!

  21. Been in a band? What's with the singing questions? Are ya trying to make me feel bad??!

  22. Shot a gun? Yes! We have a policeman friend who taught us to shoot. Very scary, but very cool!

  23. Tripped on mushrooms? Probably, I'm clumsy that way.

  24. Donated Blood? Can't. Had mono as a teenager. And I've been part of a drug study for sleeping aids, so they won't take my blood.

  25. Eaten alligator meat? No, but I'm sure it tastes like chicken.

  26. Eaten cheesecake? Does a bear shit in the woods?! And how do we go from eating alligator meat to cheesecake??

  27. Still love someone you shouldn't? You know, I think I'm over that now.

  28. Believe in love? Living the dream!

  29. Sleep on a certain side of the bed? I refer you to #10 of my Husband Meme.

  30. Been in more than 2 countries? Yes. OMG! I can say yes to this question now!

  31. Shoplifted something? Back in the day. Gee, maybe I am a sociopath!

  32. Colored your hair? Let's just say the curtains don't match the carpeting.

  33. Been Skydiving? No. I used to think I wanted to, but now, not so much.

  34. Live with your parents? OK. I love my parents to bits, but there is no way I'm moving back in with them!

  35. Still have all your original organs? Nope. It's actually becoming a bit of a joke. What can I have removed next?

  36. Swam with sea turtles? No, but that sounds like fun.

  37. Played Doctor? Still do!

  38. Been to Washington DC? Not yet. That's on my to do list. We're thinking in the next year or so.

  39. Been to Disney? Many times. And will probably go back next year. I love Disneyworld!

  40. Like Beer? Oh aye! Nothing like a wee pint 'o Guinness!!

  41. Had a baby? *sigh* No. I am blessed with two wonderful step children. But there's always that thought in the back of my mind ... what if?

  42. Been on a train? Yes. Every friggin' day! Don't get me started with the stupid GO Train!

  43. Taken a dare? As a kid, yes. Now, I just laugh at people who dare. What are you? Twelve?!

  44. Still have your wisdom teeth? Nope. Pulled in my early 20s.

  45. Been to a concert? Yes. Martina McBride is my fave so far.

  46. Lied for a good reason? Yes. Lied for no good reason too. Geez, I am a sociopath.

  47. Been to a nude beach? Really, people. Not a good idea. It's not a pretty picture. Trust me.

  48. Driven a boat? Yes. Just a little one with a wee motor.

  49. Been to the top of Eiffel tower? Not yet, but we're planning a trip to Paris and I'm goin' up!

  50. Have a best friend? Married him.

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think #23, they mean "magic mushrooms", but your answer was much better. :-)

Anonymous said...

Mo, I love your answer to #23...LOL
I will have to remember that answer!

lady fairchilde said...

32. Colored your hair? Let's just say the curtains don't match the carpeting

but, you never disclosed what you coloured: curtains or carpeting?! NO WAIT!!! i really do not think i want to know that much about you...baby steps.

Busy Bee Suz said...

TOO FUNNY....I don't think that is what they meant by tripping on mushrooms. I am sure you know that.
Girl, you have not lived until you have shot milk out your nose at the breakfast table.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

The mushroom answer made my laugh out loud, and that rarely happens. I really am curious if it was meant to be a joke or not and yet I can't decide which way its funnier.