Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Me Tarzan

We're upgrading our computer system at work.
You know what this means.
Even more crashes!
I'm so cynical.

I am usually one of the people who is chosen to be on the pilot program.
It's not because I'm adept at the computer.
I am, but that's not the reason.

It's because I give off an electrical vibe that makes computers go wonky.
Yes, 'wonky' is a technical term.
It's better than 'kablooey'.

I swear no matter where I go, no matter how new or old the computer is,
something will go wrong.
Murphy is continually channelling through me.

Needless to say, even in the class yesterday, my computer hung up.
We can put a man on the moon, but we can't get a computer to work.
Go figure.

This class held only six people, plus three programmers/trainers.
It was a lot of fun (I know, I'm such a geek!)
And I'm looking forward to using the new programs today.

While I was in the class, I received a text message from The Husband.
He was supposed to go fishing on Lake Ontario with some co-workers and friends,
but we've had some pretty incredible storms lately,
and he was sure it was going to be cancelled.

TH: Out on a 40' boat on Lake Ontario fishing. So what's gong on there with you?

Then a few minutes later ...

TH: I can see your building!
Me: Waving
TH: Armpits could use a shave

*sigh*
Nice.

He did make the first catch of the day:
A 15lb salmon.

But, as much as I love salmon, I don't think I want to eat fish from Lake Ontario.
I'll stick with Red Lobster, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

i think i put out that same kinda of vibe too...only with men!

Clippy Mat said...

i know and every time i'm on your blog there's like this static... whatsatallabout?

Dan Felstead said...

Mo,

I just wanted to let you know that I have been extremely busy over the last few weeks with "Summer" duties and that is why I have not commented as much on the blogs I am following. Hopefully, things will slow down a bit and I can get back into the swing of things. Still visiting...just not commenting as much. With Summer's end, things will change.

Dan