Thursday, July 3, 2008

Red Neck Puppet Show

There is a window above our kitchen sink that looks out onto the fence that separates us from the neighbours (fences make great neighbours, donchya think?).

It's not much of a view.

So The Husband decides to hang a flower basket on the fence so we have something pretty to look at while we get dishpan hands.

The Husband pops his head up above the window sill.

TH: "There's a dead squirrel here."

Me: "EW!"

TH: "Wanna see it?"

Me: "NO!"

TH: "Are you sure??"

Me: "Yes!!"

TH: [shrugs]

I resume washing the dishes.

Next thing I know, there's a squirrel bouncing across the window ledge, a-la-puppet-theatre style.

Suddenly a high-pitched squeaky voice says:

"How ya doin? I'm Sammy the Dead Squirrel. What's your name?"

Freak!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

clearly TH should be in therapy!!!

Anonymous said...

Honestly what is it with your backyard? The re-invention of the "Killing Fields". Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

THATS DEADLY!!!
*still laughing*

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I read this to my husband last night. Then we laughed. Then I read him the beauty or brains post. Then we laughed.

Then he called me ugly.

He's a stinker.