Monday, November 16, 2009

Manic Mondays



Over at The One Minute Writer C. Beth's prompt is "Monday".
Specifically, she asks:
What is the best thing about Mondays?

Really?
Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'm not a morning person.
Never have been.
Never will be.

Sadly, I married a morning person.
You cannot imagine how annoying this is.

I think of Mondays as a perpetual morning.
So I'm sure you've already figured out
how I feel about Mondays.

The only saving grace this week
is that it's only a three-day week for me.
I'm off Thursday to pack and primp
before my vacation.
We leave Friday for Mexico.

So I will drag my sorry self
through this gawd-awful day
and know that I have
sunny days ahead of me.

And next Monday,
will definitely be much better.
I mean, how bad can a Monday be,
when you have a swim-up bar??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun and be careful. Don't drink the water and while you're imbibing at the swim-up bar make sure you change seats quickly if the water turns warm from the person next to you.