Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cards Anyone??

The Husband is notorious for trivial things. Ask BJ. He kicks butt in Trivial Pursuit. Of course, he's all shy and humble about it, insisting he's not smart, just knows a lot of useless bits of information. I don't think that's true at all. I think he's pretty smart. I often phone him at work because I can't remember the name of a movie star or some trivial bit of data. The conversation usually goes like this:

TH: Hello?

Me: What's the name of the guy in Such 'n Such?

TH: (often, without hesitating) Blah Blah.

Me: Thanks (click.)

You'll notice there's no preamble. No 'how are you'. No 'goodbye'.
Straight to the point. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

It really is the perfect scenario since I get my answer and he gets to feel a little smug.

So the other day, the Girls at work were talking about cards, and tarot and what not and somehow the conversation evolved to Bond Girls. And we're all trying to remember the name of Jane Seymour's character. I knew it had something to do with cards themselves, but the actual name eluded me.

So who you gonna call? That's right. (insert Ghostbusters Theme Song here)

But he was busy and couldn't come to the phone. Crap! How am I supposed to concentrate on work now? But as the day went on, my mind started puzzling it out. Cards, cards, cards ... AH! Solitaire!!

Phew! Now I can sleep tonight.

At dinner, I mentioned to The Husband that I had called for a trivial question.

TH: "What about?" (always eager to show off!)

Me: "I was calling to find out what Jane Seymour's Bond Girl name was, but I already figured it out. It was diving me nuts because I knew it had to do with cards."

TH: "Crazy Eights?"

Me: (eyes rolling, giggling) "No!"

TH: "OH! I know!! Old Maid!"

My apologies to Jane Seymour, if you're reading this. The Husband really did think you were hot.

6 comments:

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I met my Prince playing Trivia.....in a bar...makes for good company, no????
(I kind of think Jane Seymour is hot as well, lol)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Hahaha! My husband knows lots about movies and music, too. He's the one I call with questions. :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love this....my brain is completely full of useless information. that is why I can't remember important stuff.
your husband is a hoot.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

That is so funny. My family dubbed my mom "The Queen of Useless Knowledge" because she can come up with stuff like that. As I get older, I have been named "The Princess" because I can't do math, but by God, I could have answered that for you!

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I have The Cesspool Of Useless Information in my brain.
My daughter has apparently inherited it. She knows the words to every song she's ever heard and her friends say she frequently gives them Alli's Fun Fact Of The Day.

C said...

i too absolutely HATE it when i cant remember something that i KNOW i KNOW. it will keep me awake nights, and trouble me until finally at the most inconvenient time it will pop into my head! and i will go AHAH! YEEEEEES that is it!
i dunno......... maybe its just old age.


C