Friday, March 27, 2009

Anda one anda two

Robilicious and I had a craving yesterday for a Michel's Baguette danish. Can I just say, here and now, that these things are positively divine?

They are.
Positively.
And enormous.
Huge!
And very yummy!!

But I digress ...

The closest Michel's is in Union Station. So we have to walk through some doorways, pass by the violin-playing street musician, and head to Union.

It's always the same Violin Guy. Sometimes he's accompanied by another man (who I think is his brother or cousin). He's really good. I like him. Often I walk through in the morning on the way to work and he's playing If I was a Rich Man from Fiddler on the Roof. (Side note: Fiddler and The Sound of Music are my all time favourite musicals.) I usually spend the day humming all day long I'd biddy biddy bum, if I was a wealthy man.

On our way back, I drop a Twoonie in Violin Guy's case. He gives me a wink. We smile at each other. I feel great!

Then Robi points out that perhaps street musicians are the answer to weddings and other social functions. And when you think about it, it actually makes sense.

You've heard them play already, so you don't have to conduct an audition. And ... they can just prop their case open for donations, so you don't even have to pay them.

It's brilliant!

9 comments:

C said...

hey that sounds like a great idea! as long as you get half da proceeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiddin...

C

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We have a friend who is a DJ, so we hired him and even set up most of the playlist (with our own CDs)! We're a little picky like that.... LOL.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Brilliant indeed.
But what is a Twoonie?
I hope it is money and not something gross. ;)

Crazy Mo said...

C: Ha! There's an idea. I could be their manager.

ETW: That's cool that the DJ let you use your own CDs. The Husband has a line he says all the time: You want what you want. You are the customer, get what you want. Good for you!

BBS: When our government finally figured out it was expensive to produce one and two dollar bills, they came up with the brilliant idea of replacing them with coins. The dollar coin was introduced first and was nicknamed the Loonie as it has a loon on it. When the two dollar coin was introduced, it was quickly christened the Twoonie. It's just a matter of time before we're all walking around like medieval knights with bags of gold coins.

Lynn C Mama to 3 said...

I think that is a great idea. I had a harpist at mine, and her case would have to be huge! She could have gotten mad donations if she left that bad boy out!

Alex said...

Where were your ideas when I got married?

It could of saved me money and a whole lot of explaining as to why the DJ and the bartender at my wedding were my ex-boyfriends!

Amazingly I'm still married almost 19 years later...lol

Clippy Mat said...

"all day long I'D biddy biddy bum if i were a wealthy man..."
(woman)
love it.
love union station and street musiicians too.
"i'd never have to work hard......."
stuck in my head now.
:-)

Sabrina said...

Once when I was in Chicago, I noticed two panhandlers on the street. One was sitting there with a sign asking for money, but he had none, and he was cussing at people who walked by without giving him anything. The other one was sitting there with two pickle tubs he probably fished out of a back dock of a restaurant, beating on them with sticks and creating a cool rhythm everyone enjoyed. HE had a hat full of money.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I'm thinking that maybe I'll take up panhandling Crazy Mo.......I just saw a special on that and they said there's good money in it.
Now, if I could just play the guitar or the violin........

Steady On
Reggie Girl