Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a School Night



I starting my writing class tonight.
It was supposed to start January 12,
but was postponed to tonight.

Our instructor is Richard Scarsbrook,
author of
The Cheeseburger Subversive,
Featherless Bipeds,
Destiny's Telescope, and
The Monkeyface Chronicles.

I've read Cheeseburger--
twice, in fact--
and it was great.
A wonderful coming-of-age story.
I kept picturing TH
the entire time I read it.

I'm beyond excited about this class.
Rich sent us the course outline.

We are expected to write:

A 'Postcard' Story - 250 words
A 'Short-Short' Story - 750 words
A Short Story - 2500-5000 words
Then...
one final, edited and revised version
of one of the assignments
to be included in a class anthology.

Awesome!

I hope we get homework tonight.



No comments: